Amazon’s Android App Store Rumored To Open This Month

Amazon’s Android App Store Rumored To Open This Month

Good news for all you Android users. Amazon may open their Android App Store as early as this month.  Today, mobile ad network, Mobile Media tweeted: “Launching this month! Amazon Appstore for #Android-learn more here”, the tweet was followed by a link to their blog post.

Bloomberg reports that Amazon will keep 30 percent of app sales revenue, the developer will keep the remaining 70 percent.  The Amazon App Store will be available for Android tablets and smartphones.  It  will offer one click purchasing that is linked to a user’s Amazon account.

Amazon Spokeswoman Anya Waring told the LA Times “Amazon officially hasn’t made an announcement as to when our app store will launch, but all I can say right now is soon — it’s coming soon.”  She also stated that Amazon may be open to selling apps for other platforms in the future.

 

Related posts:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>